This Is Why We Ride
Bike MS is a fantastic, fun-filled weekend, but the main purpose of the event is to raise funds and awareness for multiple sclerosis. The money you raise funds research for better treatments and a cure, and also allows us to offer countless, vital programs and services for the 8,000+ Arizonans living with MS.
MS by the numbers
- MS affects 2.1 million people worldwide
- Annual economic cost of MS in the U.S. is approximately $28 billion
- The MS Society spends $45 million annually for 440 MS investigations
- The MS Society has already invested more than $610 million since its first 3 grants in 1947
Because of you…we’re making PROGRESS.
- There are more potential therapies in the pipeline for MS than at any other time in history.
- We funded basic and clinical research that helped lead to the development of each of the six FDA-approved treatments for MS.
- We funded a major collaborative initiative that led to breakthroughs in identifying gene variations that contribute to MS susceptibility.
- We have trained or funded many of the leading MS researchers making breakthroughs today.
- Right now, our researchers are developing and testing novel experimental treatments and tissue repair strategies that may soon be in use for MS.
Because of you…we’re HELPING people with MS and their loved ones to:
- Gain a Better Understanding of MS with in-person, online and teleconference classes and our MS resource center
- Find the Medical Care They Need through partnerships with MS centers for care and connections to specialty services
- Explore Healthy Living with MS with physical activity and wellness classes, day wellness centers and dynamic lifestyle programs
- Discover Support for the Whole Family through support groups, couples programs, family days and social outings
- Realize Peace of Mind with professional counseling and connections to peers and support groups
- Get the Extra Help that Might be Needed with financial assistance and care management programs